Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our April Fools Baby

So this all started last wednesday when I went to my doctor for an appointment, low and behold I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. So we decided to have me induced the next day to make sure that my doctor will be there to deliver Bella. To make a long story short I was in labor for 7.5 hours which included 2.5 hours of pushing. Yet again like Sydney, Bella was a little crocked so they had to use the vacuum to get Bella out. To make matters worse Bella had her umbilical cord wrapped around her Torso twice so that made it even harder for me to push her out. With 4 more pushes she finally came to this world at 6:26 pm on April 1, 2010 ( yes, she is a April Fools baby). She weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and 19.5 inches long. She has really dark brown hair with an olive skin tone. This is completely different coloring from Sydney. To me personally I do not think they look anything alike, but time will tell. She is perfectly healthy baby girl. We are so excited to have her join our family. As for Sydney she is doing great, she tells me all the time how much she loves baby sister and always is giving her kisses ( I know that this can easily change any day).  We got home on Saturday and spend Easter Sunday at home as a family. It was great. I am recovering 100% faster then I did with Sydney and have already lost 14 lbs of my 23 lbs that I gained ( only 8 more to go...).


Quinton and I before things got crazy

Our sweet little Bella

Our first family picture... Sydney was soooo tired

Bella Luciana

Big sister holding Bella... love that smile

Bella's Easter outfit... so cute

                                                      Our sweet little Bella. Isn't she beautiful

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Bella is beautiful! It's great to hear that Sydney loves being a big sister so far:) Hope you guys are adjusting well to being a family of 4!

The Fernandez Family said...

OH STEPH!!!!! How wonderful!! We are so happy for you guys and wish we could be there to make you dinner!! She is so sweet =)

Alisha said...

Congrats on the safe arrival of your new little baby! She is beautiful. So funny that her hair is so dark. Nathan's started out the way too. It's so funny how their skin & hair can end up so differently than they started! Glad Sydney is adjusting well. Good luck!!

Justin and Tiffany Walker said...

I try and comment on your blog...it doesn't let me, so hopefully this will go through. I love Bella! I love her birthday...we are kindred spirits.

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!! She is precious!